Old January 8th 13, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

Default Oudie 2 Lite - how to Autorun XCSoar (or something other thanSeeYou Mobile)

On Jan 7, 8:31*pm, David Laitinen wrote:

It's much easier now to go to the autorun
setting and selecting the program to run.

David Laitinen

I tried both ways and I think that the way shown at
http://forum.xcsoar.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=343 is easier/simpler/
faster. However, it may only work with an Oudie 1.

In the Oudie 1 there are three program icons on the home screen,
SeeYou Mobile, ConnectMe and PocketFMS. PocketFMS is not loaded on
the Oudie 1 so it is basically a useless icon. In the easier scheme I
linked above, this icon is re-used to run XCSoar. Thus you can run
either SYM or XCSoar from the same screen with just a single tap. This
will be useful when changing software in mid-flight.

Unfortunately, the Oudie 2 that I tested only had SeeYou Mobile and
ConnectMe icons on the home screen. If true with all Oudie 2's you
will need to use the AutoRun method to switch between programs.

- John