Old February 4th 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default Oudie 2 Lite - how to Autorun XCSoar (or something other thanSeeYou Mobile)

On Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:12:45 AM UTC-8, Dave Springford wrote:
To run XC Soar or your other favourite software on the Oudie Naviter has just made the process a lot easier: 1. Install the latest Oudie firmware from http://www.naviter.com/install-the-l...are-for-oudie/ 2. On the Oudie main Menu page (with SeeYou Mobile and ConnectMe icons) press the "" button in the upper right corner. Then choose "Autorun". Press "..." to choose the executable that you would like to run after reboot. Dave Springford

I just got my Oudie2 running SYM. All works well except I too discovered that if trying to install XCSoar, one has to remove components of SYM and than it will run "I think" ok with XCSoar. There got to be an easyer way and be able to use both independently.
Here is the copy of the thread I found on the XCSoar forum that I followed:

"Here is what I just did with the Oudie 2 Lite that I just received.

I was going to follow the previous instructions but it appears that "PocketFMS" is not on the unit I received, so I decided to replace the SeeYou executable with XCSoar. Instead of using the root of the TFAT drive I went to the 2577 folder which contains the SeeYou Mobile executable. I first renamed mSeeYou.exe to mSeeYouSave.exe. I then copied the XCSoar.exe to this folder and then renamed it to mSeeYou.exe. I then created the XCSoarData folder inside the 2577 folder and placed my map and waypoint files there.

By doing it this way, XCSoar will autostart instead of SeeYou.

Extra info, just to confuse things:
I found no way to access the Windows Mobile start or anything other than what Naviter has provided in the way of modifying device settings. In order to change the device orientation from portrait to landscape I had to use the setup function provided in the SeeYou program. To do this I had to rename the files back to their original names, restart SeeYou and use the the settings menu to alter the orientation (under User Interface, I think). Once it was the way I wanted I then renamed files back so that XCSoar would run."