Old August 12th 03, 01:36 AM
Dan Thompson

Not much difference between many 2s and 3s. Many 2s have been legally
modified to have the single piece windshield, long range tanks and club
seating of the 3. VG kits up the weight carrying ability of the 2 to match
that of a 3, and look for an upgrade of the E engines to the EB version,
1400 tbo vs. 1800 tbo. What is more important now is TTAF and the features
of specific planes. You'll pay full retail for any changes you make,
whereas if you find one that has everything you want already, you'll pay the
used price and not have to go through the time and hassle of upgrades.

I've put about 1200 hrs on my 2 since 1998, and gone through having the
engines overhauled. No particular concerns about the engines.
"Michelle P" wrote in message
Hi all,

Several of us have been renting twins are seriously looking into buying one.

We have been renting a Seminole but are looking at a Seneca. I understand
the Seneca I is to be avoided. The Seneca II is better and the III is the
best in the batch. Our budget appears to be no more than 200K, but prefer
the upper 100s.

I would be interested in hearing any thoughts good or bad on the Airframe
and engines. We are particularly concerned about the turbo charged
Continentals.

Thanks in advance,

Michelle

--

Michelle P CP-ASMEL-IA, and AMT-A&P
"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)