Old May 27th 18, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Weight of D steel 02 cylinder Schliecher

Thanks Mark, I misread the original post and was thinking "Schweizer"...

On 5/27/2018 8:57 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 8:17:43 AM UTC-6, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Was wondering if anyone knew the approximate weight of tehnD size steel 02cylinders that are used in Schliecher gliders? Thanks

I don't think Dan's link to the steel cylinder is the one used in Schleicher gliders. The diameter is 5.25 inches, and the cylinder sleeve in the ASW-27 series is under 4 inches (100 mm). These cylinders are getting very hard to find, as virtually all medical oxygen suppliers have switched to aluminum cylinders. I used to have a source on used steel cylinders, but they all needed refurbishment (hydro test, sandblast and paint). My supplier eventually scrapped them all.

--
Dan, 5J