Old February 24th 05, 09:38 PM
Mike the Strike

It's probably good to avoid sharing pressure transducer varios with
others that use capacity flasks as these introduce airflow into the TE
plumbing system that can degrade accuracy.

My main vario is a Borgelt B 50 and I replaced my excellent Sage
mechanical vario with a Borgelt B 40. I find it hard to thermal
accurately without an audio vario and switched mainly for this reason.
I can't say that I noticed any major changes in the B 50 when I removed
the Sage and its flask, though.

I can't think of any good reason to keep a mechanical or flask-driven
vario with the inexpensive pressure units around, especially those like
the B 40 that have an internal battery.

I'm all for no moving parts, but how do you make sound without a
diaphragm?

Mike

ASW 20 WA