Old May 12th 05, 08:47 PM
Andrew Gideon

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote:

So they can really go bankrupt and take away the other half of his
pension? Seems to me that there are better ways to handle this.

They are bankrupt, and the pensions will now be paid by all of us.

It's quite dishonest in a very real way. The company contracted to make
payments that it is now refusing to make. Rather than selling off all
assets to help fund those promises, they've been passed on so you and I
will be paying them.

It's especially unfair to those of us that receive no benefit from
guaranteed pensions (because we don't get pensions).

- Andrew