Old January 12th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace

Default Mogas-Sipping Cessna 172G

172flyer wrote:
Public Notice

I've done some research on the frequency 123.45 and, although having
never used it, find it is not the proper frequency to use for USA
air-to-air, pilot-to-pilot communications, which should be on
frequencies like 122.75 or 122.85.

Always check the FAR's and AIM.

Weir says improper use can result in a prison sentence and $10,000
fine. In addition I saw an older post indicating he is very touchy
about this frequency and even threatens to sue anyone in his bailiwick
who uses it without authorization.

Perhaps he invented it?

It's quite a popular frequency around the northeastern US. The other
day I heard what sounded like Russian over it. Nobody uses tail numbers
though.