Old January 16th 05, 02:20 AM
Warren

boB wrote:
Quilljar wrote:

A couple of us are suggesting that those who use the Matrox Parhelia
with either two or three screens might like to congregate on
rec.aviation.simulators to exchange information and tips. This is a
newsgroup that has been getting very quiet recently and we hope to
jerk it back into life. We thought that talking about free or very
cheap alternative flight sims might also be a good idea.

Well, I for one am very glad you pointed us to the news group. It is
causing my checkbook to flap around every time I say MATROX.

A question.

I currently have a Ti4200 128 and I cannot do without my second screen
now. Either for un-docked panels or surfing around. I have a 19" CRT
for the primary monitor and a 17" flatscreen as the second monitor.

Will adding another 17" flatscreen, so the 19" is in the middle and the
two 17" monitors are on each side work, or will I need 3 monitors of the
same size?

Yes, your setup will work.

I currently use a 17" CRT in the centre for colour corrected work with
two cheap 15" LCD screens on either side.

The main restriction is the LCD screens must be set at their correct
resolution (in my case it's 1024 x 768) and the centre one must match.
Owing to the rather odd sizes of CRT versus LCD they match up pretty well.

I am thinking of going over to the new Pentium 4s with PCI Express as
soon as the latest Parhelia comes out and will be purchasing three 17"
LCDs, the centre one being a DVI high quality one which can be colour
calibrated. If I find I can't (or don't want to) buy a suitable digital
LCD then I will buy a 19" CRT for the centre.

As I will frequently run Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver at the
same time it's incredibly useful having the three screens.

Warren