Old April 7th 04, 10:16 PM
Cub Driver

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:49:22 GMT, Rob Perkins
wrote:

Can't find Arolla on my map. Which Canton is it in? I found Airola, in
Ticino, and Arosa, in Graubuenden, two cantons which in spite of my 16
months there, I never managed to visit. I spent most of my time in
Basel.

It's a dinky town on the Haute (ski) Route from Chamonix to Zermatt.
We got weathered out and had to give up, so took the bus down from the
mountains. It seems to be in Valais, a bit NW of Breuil/Cervinia in
Italy. I think Arolla is the name of a pine tree.

In any case, I don't doubt it's possible, just that it'd be really
difficult on any road the Swiss build except the Autobahn. And even
then, they'd have to be great pilots in any case to operate in those
mountains...

Evidently they are, to judge by the Air&Space article referenced
earlier

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum