Old May 30th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_5_]

Default Bothering a Pilot on Final

On May 29, 10:33*pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Thu, 29 May 2008 19:11:27 -0700 (PDT), Dave wrote
in
:

My experience with skydiving operations is that the pilot usually
makes an "announcement" so fast as to be
unintelligible.However, when you hear such a verbal barrage, you know
i'ts time to be on the alert -Something is about
to happen.

Interesting. *First I've heard of that.

It has happened to me repeatedly. Likewise with people shooting
practice IFR approaches in good VFR weather
(at busy uncontrolled fields)

I've had the experience of arriving at an uncontrolled
field to find myself surrounded by descending
parachutists. Unsettling, to say the least (on that occasion I do not
recall any announcement).

Oh brother.... * That isn't a good situation. *

Did you check the NOTAMs before departure? *Were you in contact with
ATC at the time that occurred? *Did you mention your experience to the
sky-diving operator when you landed? *

I always get a briefing before going flying. Did not note anything
about the skydiving on that occasion (was a number of years ago). ATC
not involved - was a short flight between two uncontrolled fields. No
contact with the operator.

Dave