Old May 31st 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Bothering a Pilot on Final

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:c9458843-efb4-
:

On May 30, 8:45 am, Cubdriver usenet AT danford DOT net wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 00:27:36 -0700 (PDT), "Ken S. Tucker"

wrote:
I've never heard excessive chatter

Now that it's coming on to summer, I find that it's a rare
flight--especially on a fine Friday, Saturday, or Sunday--when I

don't
hear excessive chatter. Today it was a long-drawn-out conversation at
Spencer airport in Massachusetts. Somebody was heading south. They
discussed the destination, and in what plane. Then a volley of "Have

good day" "Yeah you too" and all that sh*t. It seemed to go on for
five minutes, but I suppose it was only two or three.

Is there provision for mis-use of communications?
I read there was, but I don't recall it being applied.
If I was a controller, it would drive me batty hearing
that drivel constipate the control frequency.

Oow! imagine how much that would improve if oyu ever actually flew.

Bertie