Old May 4th 04, 06:40 AM
Marcel Duenner

CV wrote in message ...
Eric Greenwell wrote:
Why do we want to find out the "best" pilot?

It's in human nature to want to compete. In the genes, I guess.
CV

So let's compete! In several classes. That way everybody can compete
in a class according to the glider they have available. Throwing all
into one class and handicapping doesn't really do the job and
everybody knows that.

Most sports have different classes and nobody ever questions who is
the overall
"best" runner, car driver, skier, sailor,...

BTW I'd have no problem at all competing in a different glider every
day of a comp - as long as you provide the ten different gliders...

Regards
Marcel