Old November 5th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default Flying Club software?

In a previous article, said:
I would NEVER want my books held on someone else's equipment, as you
do with a web-based financial program.

We tried running a Quickbooks server, but according to the guy running it
it had to be a Windows server, and he couldn't get it to work reliably and
some of the officers had problems connecting to it even when it was up.
(I suspect their ISPs were blocking connections to the ports required.)

The problem is that we've got 3 or 4 people who need access to the books,
and so a non-shared version wouldn't work for us.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://blog.xcski.com/