Old February 1st 09, 09:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cooperman

Default Glider destroyed by lightning

On Feb 1, 3:19*am, Joe Feise wrote:
Cooperman wrote on 01/31/09 09:41:

Messages of support would be nicer!

You seem to be new to this Internet thingy...
People get tons of spam nowadays, and on the Internet, nobody knows you are a dog...
And asking for donations in a post to a newsgroup is considered a bit shady
nowadays, in particular if you are not a regular.
One thing in particular stands out to me: you are posting through Google Groups.
That's unfortunately a standard spammer route. Your DSL provider (a whois on
your IP address shows Opal Telecom DSL in the UK) should have newsgroup access.

-Joe

Hi all,

Yes I am new to this forum thingy. I found this group on Google group
search that’s why I registered with Google and posted my message
there.

I realise that you may get a lot of spam etc...

I do not wish to appear shady so I am asking that donations do NOT be
sent.

Instead I hope you find my story interesting and comment on that.

I thank those who have donated including my friends, family, gliding
clubs/members from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales as well as
donations received from the USA and recently from Canada. Your
messages of support have been welcome. These can all be viewed at the
bottom of my fundraising page.
Together you have helped raise £466.79 (inc Gift Aid) = Approximately
£440 directly to the charity after justgiving have taken there admin
fee.

I would rather discussions were focused on the events that day in
1999, the findings of the air accident investigation report, the
strength of the lightning that is now known to be out there and my
return to the sky in a glider for an aerobatic flight rather than my
motives or character.

It was found that the lightning that stuck the glider that I flew in
was up to six times the strength that passenger planes are built to
withstand with minimal damage, SIX TIMES!
Be safe up there!

Regards
Graeme