Old February 9th 10, 06:58 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default They call it the impossible turn.

Dude writes:

http://flash.aopa.org/asf/pilotstori...WT.mc_sect=sap

I don't understand the point of the story. It's a really bad idea to do what
he did. Even he admits it. So why is it being featured? It's only going to
encourage other pilots to make the same mistake. "Well, I saw him do it in a
video, I can do that too." It looks like an excuse to show an interesting
video, in the guise of an article about safety, but it creates the dangerous
impression that a pilot can get away with something he's always been warned
against. The pilots most likely to interpret it in this way are also the ones
the least likely to be successful in their attempt to duplicate this feat.