Old February 10th 10, 12:55 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default They call it the impossible turn.

FlyCherokee writes:

I thought the same thing when I saw that story. A really bad example
for the Air Safety Foundation to have selected. I'd like to hear
their rationale.

I'm sure the rationale is to attract people to the site through a voyeuristic
look at a near-tragedy. It is disguised as a warning even though it is
actually an invitation to ignore best practices and expert advice. I'm sure
there are one or more pilots out there who will actually feel free to try
turning now, since they've seen proof that someone has done so and survived.

"Don't turn back" is drilled in during training, and
here, they show us that it doesn't look so bad. I think I'll stick
with landing straight ahead, if it ever happens to me.

That is wise.