Old July 11th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default TCO for small aircraft

Disregarding the actual cost of buying your own airplane, what's the total
cost of ownership for a small single-engine aircraft, like a Bonanza? Exclude
fuel and consumables.

I read about someone with a Baron who apparently spends thousands of dollars a
year on required maintenance. Is that typical? Is it lower for a single-engine
aircraft? Does the cost vary a lot with manufacturers, that is, does a Bonanza
cost more than a 172? (From what I understand, Beechcraft aircraft are of very
high quality but very expensive as well.)

Also, if you have a figure for cost per flight hour, I'd be interested in that
as well.