Old July 5th 04, 09:38 PM
Merlin Dorfman

Steven P. McNicoll ) wrote:

: "Merlin Dorfman" wrote in message
: ...
:
: Do I recall seeing a XC-99 at Amon Carter Field (between Dallas
: and Fort Worth) many years ago, before DFW was built, or am I
: delusional?
:

: You're not delusional, you're just a bit mistaken. It wasn't the XC-99 at
: Amon Carter/Greater Southwest but one of it's siblings; a B-36J. Learn more
: about it he http://www.cowtown.net/proweb/last_one.htm

Yeah, that's it, the pictures from GSW are just what I saw.
I was at the GD/Lockheed/LM plant in Fort Worth several times
between when about 1991 and 1997, and got a tour of the "mile long
factory," but never saw or even heard about the B-36. How did I
miss it?