Old December 14th 03, 01:58 PM

John Roncallo wrote:

I dont have any idea where you can find fixed wing training for $25/hour
dual. Around here in CT that would be about $100 to $130/hour dual.
Rotor craft would be about $225/hour dual.

I saw the $25 on a web page somewhere while surfing, but I'm getting
really bad about saving the addresses. It had a section called
"Lowest price instruction" or something like that. Unfortunately, it
was for fixed wing only - not unless Piper is making helicopters now.

I also agree with another poster here. Find a place that will train you
2 times a day 7 days a week. It really works. I finished up my
Commercial Rotor craft that way. I recommend Ocean Helicopter in West
Palm Beach FL. They have dorms and will fit you in 2 times a day and get
it done.

I live about 5 miles from Ocean Helicopters. There is actually
another ocean helicopters in Virginia that is slightly cheaper. The
Ocean here was $205 the last time I was in there. The best instructor
they have is Eva, but apparently she is not the best pilot in the
world because she had a mid air at 100 feet during an autorotation.
Apparently, she gave a broadcast call stating she was doing an auto,
but failed to get confirmation from a glider tow pilot on the same
runway that he had heard her. I really like Eva a lot, but this is
the way I see it. She could see the tow pilot sitting on the runway
from 1000 feet, be he couldn't see her so the responsibility of
getting radio confirmation would be hers.

Still, you have to respect the R22 a little more because the two
people in the R22 walked away with a few bruises and the tow pilot is
still in a wheelchair. The 14 year old kid in the glider is the only
one that didn't wreck his aircraft.

BTW, where do they keep the dorms? They must be off airport
somewhere. I never knew they had them.

Dennis.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm