Old February 14th 05, 06:51 PM
NW_PILOT

"Marty Ross" wrote in message
ink.net...
Anyone know of, or have experience with, renting a plane and instructor

from
any of the northwest islands in the Bahamas?

I'm planning on being there in July and would like to do some sightseeing

&
flying (I'm PPL/IA). Would rather do typical "FBO-style"
instruction/checkout, but if there are none like that, would do air tour
hoping to at least get right seat view.

I just went to BIMINI (MYBS) on the 5th of Feb. I say rent a plane in the US
then fly over be prepared to deal with US customs service on the way home.
The Bahamas customs is not that bad at all $15.00 per head departure fee and
a small survey.

See Photo,
http://www.warflying.net/meatmybs.jpg

Bimini Airport