Old April 17th 05, 06:14 PM
BTIZ

"Mark Morissette" wrote in message
He asked me how much it would cost and I said "about 3 hours each way
at $20/hour (this was a while ago) so it would cost around $120". He
thought
for a second and said "This briefcase is awfully heavy, I'll pay you $150
carry it around for me when I go to the seminar next Wednesday". Being
a rather astute student I said "Deal". "But that's a long drive, How about
I rent a plane and we just fly out there". "Sure", he said, "As long as
you're
willing to pay for the plane".
I must have picked up a good 50 hours that way.:-)

Interesting.. :-)

Kind of reminds me of the Photographer I read about a few months
back..may have been in this NG for that matter, I forget exactly.

He "Happened" to be taking pictures of lots of high-end houses while
flying and building hours.

Upon landing, he "Happened" to provide small copies of the resulting
photo's to the owners of the houses in question, the owners of whom
often "Happened" to call him back and offer larger sums of cash for
sizable framed copies of said photos's.

Worked for him.. ;-)

But in this example.. he is a photographer... flying is just incidental to
the photography business.. and flying for himself.. he is not getting paid
for the flying.. he is being paid for his pictures..

a very fine very gray line..