Old November 20th 05, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Skybolt Tail Incidence Question

Sorry this is such a late reply to your question, Scott.
I fly a Marquart Charger which has an adjustable hor. stab.. The plane
is about the size and weight of the Skybolt so maybe I can help or at
least put you in the ballpark.
I checked the angle most used on my plane and it consistently runs
about 2 degrees down. It seems to vary about half a degree depending on
loads, fuel and/or passenger weights.
If i had to settle for one permanent position, I would make it one and
one-half to two degrees down. I think the "folks" are right.
Hope this helps.

Warren