Old October 17th 03, 03:15 AM
Russell Waterson

I still recon Australia should have the Typhoon not going after F 35
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
om...
"Mike" wrote in message

Certainly for this last point,but because of money,and never because of
technics.
This program (Rafale),has never had any of the numerous problems of the
typhoon,still going on...
So maybe we can think we were right not to gor for it....

If it is so much better than Typhoon, why, despite repeated attempts,
has it not yet received an export order, even losing out to Typhoon in
a couple of competitive selections IIRC? One major reason that France
has difficulty affording rafale is the distinct lack of export success
(exports would drop the unit cost of the aircraft the French want to
buy for themselves). It appears that the Singapore competition is the
rafale's last major opportunity to redress this problem (especially as
the Brazilian F-X program is now more or less moribund); I'd imagine
the various competitors are keeping a close eye on that situation in
light of the rather dubious marketing ploys Dassault attempted during
the ROKAF competition that was eventually lost to the F-15K.

Brooks

"Kevin Brooks" a écrit dans le message de news:
"Steve Davies" wrote in message

According to the Times article, France is still buying the jet (but

there's
no mention of Spain!). Can this be true? Shoddy work, surely?!

Shoddy work? You mean shoddy as to the article, or the airplane...?

It is rather surprising that the paper decided to have France
participate in the program and procure the aircraft so many years
after it bailed when it became apparent that the Rafale-route was not
going to be chosen path of the consortium, especially as France has
experienced significant difficulty in funding the still rather paltry
procurement of Rafale to date!

Brooks

--
Steve Davies