Old February 29th 04, 03:48 AM
Tank Fixer

In article ,
on 28 Feb 2004 23:53:02 GMT,
ArtKramr attempted to say .....

Subject: Countering Widespread Ignorance About the National Guard
From: "Rick Folkers"

Now Art, were there people in the guard who got in through favors? I am
sure there were just as favors are pulled daily in any activity that
government is involved in. Just as some people in WWII got false deferments
or pulled strings to get plush assignments. Were there cowards in the NG?
I am sure. We tried to run them off. But you know what, there were cowards
in the Army Air Corps in WWII, but we don't paint all the vets with that
broad brush.

Art, it is time you admitted you know nothing about the current military or
National Guard and ask instead of castigating and revealing your vast
ignorance. You would a much better chance of being taken seriously if you
acted like you were actually learning once in a while.

I retired after a 26 year career with the active army, the National Guard,
and the Army Reserve. I remain just as proud of my time with the Guard and
Reserves as with the Army in Vietnam. But I try to live in the current age
and keep learning rather than rest on my laurels. You could try the same.

I was originally talking bout WW II and many high sbchool kids who went for
the guard and Reserves to delay serving their country. My words have since
been twisted and distorted out of all recognition. If in 1943 you went into the
guard you were held in contempt as someone who wanted to avoid serving his
country, And that is the way it was back then and nothing said here can change
that. I never said that once in the guard the guard did not serve well. My
grievance was only with those who hid in the guard hoping they would never be
called. The jokes on them.

Art, you are a simpering fool. There was no National Guard in 1943. They
had all been called to active duty in 1940 to early 1941.

There were some state guard forces for those not able to qualify for
active service. But they were not subject to any mobilization.

The joke IS you Art, give it up.

--
When dealing with propaganda terminology one sometimes always speaks in
variable absolutes. This is not to be mistaken for an unbiased slant.