Old August 25th 16, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Arcus owners not monitoring the Arcus newsgroup...

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 8:42:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Gee, Dave- when we were corresponding last year about an Arcus model
WingRigger, you were adamant that the linear actuator was "too complex
and unnecessary."...

Unfortunately, the proportionality of a gas spring that fits inside the
IMI structure is too high - otherwise gas spring would be preferable.
If you can fit a gas spring with more constant force, that would be best.

I find that a combination of the spring and actuator is preferable.

Using both is just unnecessary complexity, cost, and weight.

Now, how about a thank-you for repeatedly providing you with engineering
data and measurements, instead of snide comments? Really now.

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave