Old June 30th 04, 06:51 PM
Robert Briggs

John Mullen wrote:
"The Raven" wrote:
Peter Kemp wrote:
Mike wrote:

Volcanic ash is aviation hazard

Must be a slow news day - this incident happened in 1982!

My first thoughts were "DUH! Like this hasn't happened before".

It has certainly also happened since.

My initial reaction was also that it was old news, possibly dredged
up to fill space during the "silly season".

However, there seems to be rather more to the story than that, as
witnessed by this paragraph:

Mr. Moody told his story last week in Alexandria at the
Second International Conference on Volcanic Ash and Aviation
Safety, which brought people from a variety of agencies and
organizations to improve the global-warning system for
volcanic eruptions.

Moody's story, which is rather a significant one in the field, seems
quite appropriate at this "Second International Conference".