Old April 5th 04, 01:14 PM
EDR

In article , Henry Kisor
wrote:

It's also fun to retrace ghost railroads. You can follow not only surviving
roadbed that may have been converted to other uses, such as bike paths, but
also roadbed that has been obliterated for agricultural use but still is
visible from the air because the crops that grow on top of it are either
darker or lighter than the surrounding vegetation. In Indiana you can follow
the ghost of the old Erie Railroad, which in 1911 was Cal Rodgers' route
from New York to Chicago on his transcontinental flight.

I followed that one from Huntington IN to Joliet IL in 1986 when I flew
my Champ to OSH!