Old November 27th 05, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Canadian PPL transition to USA

I did some searching on Google Groups, and haven't found the answer to my
question so far.

I'm a Canadian private pilot, who may find himself transferred to the US for
work (non-aviation related) sometime next year. I worked hard (not really
;-) to get my license, and enjoy flying every other week or so. I am
interested to know if anyone else has made the transition to be able to fly
in the US. I am aware that my Canadian license allows me the right to fly
Canadian registered planes in the US, but that will obviously not be the
case if I become a resident of the US once again (spent 3 1/2 years in
Virginia from 2001 - 2004 for work already).

Any insight on what it takes to transition my Canadian credentials?