Old October 13th 17, 04:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Daniel GREGOIRE[_3_]

Default UK2 WB797 Blackburn YB1 PhilButlerColl.jpg

In article ,
Miloch wrote:

In article , not my real
pseudonym
says...

Blackburn: "Think we could sell this thing to the Royal Navy?"
Fairey: "Hold my beer..."

A design in which form follows function.

When all is said and done, the grace and beauty of British aviation started
and
ended with the Spitfire...unless you've got some favorites.

For me, with American aviation...it's the Navy F4U Corsair first flown in
1940.

A design in which form and function are the same...speed!

*

The Buccaneer was only high speed at very low altitude with lot of bombs
that's why the RAF used it when the FAA lost its last carrier