Old December 2nd 03, 05:36 PM
Model Flyer

"John Harper" wrote in message
news:1070328589.456816@sj-nntpcache-3...
But the last line of your post says it all. For an ATP CFI who has
done it hundreds of times before, sure. For a fairly new pilot
who has never done it with a CFI beside him... not so good.
If he's worrying about negative AOA stalls then he's clearly
thinking about more than a 0.1G push-over.

What do you do about getting the dust out of everywhere
afterwards? Or do you do it often enough in the same plane
that the dust doesn't accumulate (as happens with acro planes)?

Hear about the Rats leaving a sinking ship, but the dust leaving an
aircraft doing aeros, sounds a hand way to clean out the insides.:-)
--
---
Cheers,

John

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
. 7...
(Dan Thomas) wrote

It can be done from cruise speed. Pull up into a shallow climb,
then start pushing forward, increasing pressure until the

pencil
comes off the panel. It'll feel like negative G's but isn't.

The
only stress on the airplane occurs when you pull out of the
shallow dive created by the maneuver. You don't have to get the
nose way up or down at all, and it doesn't require abrupt, or
anywhere near full, control inputs. Kids love it.

The ONLY sensible post in this whole thread! I "float" stuff

with
all of my new students, makes them feel like an astronaut. And
that's in a Cessna-172. Who cares if the engine sputters? All

of
you sissies go back to MSFS. Its not an aerobatic maneuver and
doesn't require areobatic training!

Bob Moore
ATP CFI