Old February 28th 20, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default A couple SSA 2020 convention presentations online...

Stephen Szikora wrote on 2/28/2020 9:26 AM:
I’m seeing a lot of nonsense rationalization here. Any jump is better experience than no jump at all. If nothing else, you will learn to fly the canopy including judgung the flare on landing. Besides, anything you do in life is first practiced in “ideal” conditions (other than a first kiss!)

Do round emergency parachutes flare? If there is wind, is flaring even desirable
when you are drifting backwards?