Old September 14th 03, 03:49 PM
cdubya

Default More on the electric verses turbojet

The more I read the more intrigued I become. Certainly if a turbojet can be
fitted to a hang glider successfully
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/flylig...lebug/news.htm
then one can be fitted to a sailplane. After reading a lot on the subject
I believe that a 100 or 150 lb thrust motor would be sufficient. Testing
could be done with the larger motor and then the throttle limited once
performance figures are taken and thrust in different configurations
calculated. Microjet engineering (a UK company) makes the APS 150
http://www.microjeteng.com/ which should do the trick.

I was also thinking electric but so far the electric motor companies I have
contacted are not interested. Probably once they hear the word airplane
they run for cover.