Old September 15th 03, 01:47 PM
cdubya

None !!!! Ok, maybe a little bit of drag from the intakes. I am thinking
of mounting it at the rear of a Bowlus Baby Albatross Pod. Seams to me this
glider is perfect for such a propulsion system since it was done already
with a prop on The Nelson BB-1. Other pod type designs also lend themselves
to bury this motor in the rear of the pod with little or no drag penalty.
Got any areonautical engineers out there in the Denver area that are
interested in helping?

Craig

Martin Gregorie wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 05:28:04 +0000 (UTC), "tango4"
wrote:

$4795 from JetCats website and only 42lbs thrust.

The size of these things might lend them to being installed in the fin.

No
heavy and complicated extension mechanism or bomb bay doors.

I keep wondering what the drag penalty would be for a fixed
installation, possibly a nacelle on a short pylon with pop-down
intake and exhaust fairings.

I like your fin mount idea, but it would probably need to be designed
in to the glider. OTOH a fixed non-fin installation could be
retro-fitted.

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie
gregorie : Harlow, UK