Old August 6th 03, 09:00 PM
David H. Uhrbrock

I use news.west.cox.net without any problems.

Take care.

DHU

"Chris W" wrote in message
Is there anyone on this group that uses one of the following new
servers.

news.cox.net
news.central.cox.net
news.west.cox.net

nslookup will tell you that they are all mapped to 68.6.19.6

I can't access this group with that server, and so far can't get cox to
do anything about it. I have no problem using every other news group I
have tried. And I was wondering if anyone here has had similar
problems?

Here is the problem I am having. When I subscribe to
rec.aviation.homebuilt it says there are 70,000+ new messages to
download. When I request it to download all new message headers it only
downloads about 2,000 messages, any subsequent attempts to get new
messages results in nothing. I can try again days latter and get
nothing new. Obviously I can post. If I want to read new messages I
have to delete the news group, close the news reader and then start the
process all over again. I would love to tell cox that there are other
users that have this same problem.

--
Chris Woodhouse
Oklahoma City

"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania