Old October 29th 03, 11:10 PM
Stan Gosnell

(Ben Jackson) wrote in
news:vqJnb.55004$e01.155566@attbi_s02:

In article ,
Guy Elden Jr. wrote:
bulb that burnt out though... it was a Maglight, and barely over a
year old with hardly any use. I'm tempted to send it back to them for
a replacement.

Maglights used to come with a spare bulb wrapped in a swatch of foam
inside the battery spring.

Unless you already used it, and forgot to buy new ones. That's why I've
about given up on Maglites. I have one AA model for a backup to a backup,
but I've gone to LED lights almost completely. Much better battery life,
way better bulb life, and better light to boot. My primary flashlight has
5 LEDs, and give lots of light. I also have a couple of small disk-type
LED lights attached to my survival vest just in case, and for flying I have
a green LED on my mike boom that I can activate with my lip or keep on with
a switch. That's all I use in the cockpit, the main flashlight is for
preflighting, etc. A full flashlight in the cockpit at night is far too
bright; a single colored LED is perfect.

--
Regards,

Stan