Old May 7th 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default The effects of Ethanol on...

On Sat, 6 May 2006 23:36:01 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Roger" wrote in message

With Methanol containing about half the energy per unit volume of gas
I have a problem reconciling that 10% more. What am I missing?

I could be thinking of the fuel/alcohol mix. Sorry.

That'd be about right for the "Gasahol" we use for "regular" here in
Michigan.

Currently there are two "standard" mixes. Gasahol which uses up to
10% ethenol and E85 which is 85% alcohol, but I've never seen that in
Michigan. I understand it's available in Wisconsin and several other
states. Probably some areas in Michigan too, but as I said, I've never
seen it.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com