Old October 29th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

Default gutsy

Some other things I noticed: It appears that the airplane rolls
toward the 'good' wing instead of away from it as one would expect.
The airplane comes to rest essentially level with the 'good' wing
toward the camera when it's reasonable to expect that it would sag or
even touch the ground if the other wing is missing. Even the
'failure' occurred at low airspeed in near vertical flight instead of
under earlier high G loads. It looks like there may have been several
flights videotaped with conveniently timed out-of-focus intervals that
cover editing cuts and splices.

On Oct 29, 3:15*pm, Nyal Williams wrote:
I think it has been faked. *Woman's voice didn't sound alarmed about the
wing. *Plane flew upside down in level flight briefly on one wing. *Came to
rest too suddenly after touching down. He was slow getting out -- notice
how slow he was latching the canopy open after it stopped and in his
int4rview he said he smelled gas; *I think this was from another landing
-- notice that the right wing doesn't show.

At 20:51 29 October 2008, wrote:

On Oct 29, 4:43=A0pm, "noel.wade" *wrote:
It is most definitely fakery. =A0If nothing else, the landing

"bounce"
is wrong from a physics standpoint.

--Noel

There's an awful *lot "wrong" in that video. *But the clincher is

that
if you look frame by frame while he's taxiing you can see that there's
no damage at all on the horizontal tail.

That's a con job.