Old December 20th 17, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default How does sun heat the air?

wrote on 12/19/2017 6:28 PM:
Hey Eric Greenwell? You still flying around Richland Washington? I flew with you, and towed you years ago when I worked at PNL. It's pretty arid out there ... but nobody finds good thermals coming up off the big irrigated crop circles. In desert terrains stay away from green like the plague.

Yes, I am! Retired for a long time now, but still flying, but with motorgliders.