Old January 8th 18, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Lubricant for spar pins

White lithium grease works fine on my Stemme year round, including wave
flying.Â* When the outboard panels are installed, there are no shear
loads on the pins and they slide smoothly in and out.Â* When they start
to feel sticky, I wipe them off with a paper towel and apply a fresh,
light coating of grease and smooth, easy installation is restored.Â*
There's really no need to use grease from Mars or Uranus...

On 1/7/2018 4:54 PM, wrote:
I have used 100% synthetic Mobil 1 grease for three gliders that I fly in the heat of summer and the very very cold winters. Does not get stiff in the winter or runny in the summer.

--
Dan, 5J