Old January 15th 04, 11:06 PM
David CL Francis

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 at 04:39:46 in message
mK3Nb.54188$8H.102796@attbi_s03, Jay Honeck
wrote:

http://alexisparkinn.com/fly-in_aviation_museums.htm

I think this list of fly-in museums is by far the most useful I've found --
thanks for helping to create it, folks! Please check it over for accuracy,
and submit any additions/corrections you may find to me at

I have not had time to check all the web links (this whole endeavor has
ended up taking WAY too much time! ;-), so if you find any "dead" links,
please let me know...

You missed a couple of big ones in the United Kingdom.

The Royal Air Force Museum at Hendon London,
http://www.aboutbritain.com/RoyalAir...?RefID=1504172

The RAF Museum at Cosford Shropshire
http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/index.cfm

Both museums can be found at:
http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/

These are both large extensive museums; Cosford which is still an RAF
training base, is on a large site and has some large aircraft outside.
Hendon is on what remains of an old RAF base. Incidentally it used to
house the pre- WW2 RAF annual displays at which my father flew in 206
squadron in 1928, 1929 and 1930. I still have the hand painted squadron
Crest taken form the Fairy IIIf that he flew the most.
--
David CL Francis