Old May 8th 05, 04:36 PM

Just an idea.
I am using GPS-LOG an IPAQ 3630 and an HICOM HI-203E GPS Receiver.
Usually it works fine and i am very satisfied. I had one, maybe two
situations when GPS LOG freezed in flight while thermaling and i had to
make a reset in flight.
This occured first when i started using the gps receiver in my Libelle
201B. Before this the receiver was fixed in an Astir CS77 on top of the
instrument board (behind the compass) and i never had any problem. In
the Libelle I have the receiver in a rather low position behind the
pilot seat on the right side in the cockpit (yes, i will improve this).
I guess the the gps receiver looses signal while left-circling because,
there is to much of the wing between the receiver and the sky so the
signal strenght is not good enough.
If I look at the logfiles, there are some / very few strange pikes,
which also makes me think that i loose the GPS signal.
Ruediger