Old July 16th 03, 10:45 AM
Cub Driver

"A & AEE (British) test with an A-4 model (1941) reported the maximum
speed 486km/h 4300m and highest climb 2870kg mass 13.2m/s , an a ceiling
of 10 300m"

How could I get this test? Or the text? Or the results? Anyone?

Jukka, where is the quote from? Not from Erik's posting.

I got a bunch of British flight test reports from the files at
National Air & Space Museum Archives. They maintain a file for every
warplane of interest; sometimes these are massive, including the
Wright Field test reports. The British reports for the Brewster
Buffalo were there; I've posted them at www.danford.net/eagle.htm

Do you know anyone in Washington who might have time on his hands and
looking for an excuse to visit NASM? It's not a big deal to get into
the archives, though now you need an appointment (thank bin Laden).

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub