Old December 11th 03, 01:13 AM
Dan Welch

thanks Keith. I take it Co-60 is particularly nasty. I didn't know if the
whole idea of Cobalt bombs was enhanced blast, radiation, etc.
Were Co-60 weapons developed / deployed?

Cheers
dan

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Dan Welch" wrote in message
Hello,
from reading in the threads relating to nuclear war in the '80s, they
mention "cobalt weapons". Can anyone explain what these are? I very

vaguely
remember a mention to them a book once but have no real idea.
cheers
dan

The theory is that if you put a cobalt sheath around a nuclear
weapon you get lots of rather nasy cobalt 60 in the
fallout zone. The doomsday merchants would have you believe this
could wipe out all life on earth. The reality is nasty to be sure
but not quite that bad.

Keith