Old January 15th 05, 03:20 PM
Sean Trost

I stand corrected. Thanks Jim. Learned somthing new everyday.
Sean

Jim Carriere wrote:
Sean Trost wrote:

Juan
I believe that N1 is related to the velocity of the airstream
introduced. Which is good. But not related to the ignition problem
Now You have said that you have an excellent spark and good fuel. the
only other thing you need for start is the right airflow. or volumn.
Dont know about your engine specifically but most everything else runs
right around 14 to 1 on the ratio wise.

Actually, jets are a different beast from piston engines. Between about
25:1 and 50:1 is normal, even for lightoff fuel flow. Stoichiometrically
correct combustion is too hot.