Old October 17th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Eduardo K.

Default My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize General Aviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

In article ,
Matt Barrow wrote:

by the grid or by a windmill at home.

A windmill at home is not likely to have the output to power an all-electric
car for more than a few yards.

you are very misinformed. a BEV needs around 300wh to go a mile, that means a windwill
that makes 1kw per hour only needs a couple of hours to make enough for a local
commute. In my case its 5miles to my job, or 1.5kwh.

If it's a power grid powered by coal, you're likely causing more pollution
than a car that's nicely tuned.

also missinformed. coal (or diesel) to electricity is over 90% efficient, versus
the 30% or so of efficiency of an internal combustion engine. more efficient is
almost always less polluting.

--
Eduardo K. |
http://www.carfun.cl | I'm white and nerdy