Old July 21st 04, 12:40 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:20:00 GMT, (Stephen
"FPilot" Bierce) wrote:

(tffy) wrote:

What's the point of having a low-shock-noise BOMBER? So you don't
disturb the peaceful sleep of the same guys you just bombed? The
technology is being investigated for overland supersonic transports,
not stike a/c.

What about those neighboring allied countries you have to overfly to get from
your base to the combat zone? Being able to do that quietly at over Mach 1
would be a great capability increase for our Air Forces. We are being hamstrung
in a strategic sense by having either quiet bombers that are too slow or
fast-movers that don't carry enough firepower. QS capability would speed up
reaction and deployment times.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922
{Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Noise seems to have nothing to do with it. I can't think of a single
instance when it wasn't all or nothing.