Old January 20th 10, 12:56 PM
Colin Lake Colin Lake is offline
Junior Member

I am not sure where to start with posting this request for advice. However on reading through your post I thought you may have received some worth while advice even though you initial posting was in 2004.
I have recently purchased a Cessna 172N with the 0-320-H2AD motor and it does not have the performance of my other C172 fitted with the 0-320-2ED motor. My question is it the 'H" motor that is causing this lack of performance and if it is, is it worth changing it to the 2ED motor??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I am looking for an a/c, my first, to complete my training and to use
for recreational flying. I am looking at 172s and a book I recently
acquired (The Cessna 172 by Bill Clarke) suggests that this engine is
to be avoided.

I saw an ad in Trade-A-Plane by Factory Engines and the prices for
factory remanufactured engines are as follows:

O-320-E2D - $16,652 (this engine is the predecessor to the H2AD)

O-320-H2AD - $19,301 (the engine in question)

O-320-D2J - $16,923 (the sucessor to the H2AD)

To me this is indicative of continuing problems.

What has been the expierience of owners of Cessna 172Ns with this
engine?

Paul