Old February 3rd 04, 12:29 AM
CFLav8r

This is something that has puzzled me for a while...

I (a private pilot) work in the pleasure marine industry and have noticed
that almost anyone who wants to own a boat does own a boat. Now, some

boats
are indeed pretty cheap, but a $20,000 boat is fairly common (approx cost

of
a 150?).

Dave,
I own a 2003 Key West center console with a Yamaha 115hp 4stroke.
The equivalent to me would be a 2003 C172SP.
As you can already tell, there's a major price difference.
I could own a 36' live aboard cabin cruiser for the price of a new C172.
Not mention that the only payment being made when I don't use the boat is my
dry storage fee and insurance ($3400 per year).

Trust me when I say that if I could get as much use out of a plane as I do a
boat, I would gladly sell the boat to get a plane.

David - "Sailing away to Key Largo"