Old January 17th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen

Default Piper Archer II Air Leak Problem by Back Seat.

On 01/17/07 08:35, Roy N5804F wrote:

Dave,

I have signed up !

About the only instrument that I have not overhauled in this Archer is the
VSI.
It reads horribly optimistic, like, I have the only Archer ever built that
climbs on the plains here at 1200 FPM.
If I really try, I can make 1500 FPM :-)

I have to admit that I don't know much about the operation of a VSI
appertaining to an Archer :-(
I can't get my head round it at the moment, but could the slight negative
pressure in the cabin affect the VSI ?

It shouldn't. The VSI should be vented (through a calibrated "leak") to
the static air source, outside. The cabin pressure shouldn't affect it,
unless you've selected the alternate static source, or there is a leak
between the static source and alternate static source.

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA