Old March 22nd 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Lonely up there?

Rich wrote:
paul kgyy wrote:

It appeared to be a long time since last hearing from ATC on a recent
flight, and sure enough, "27D can you still hear us?". I still could,
and they transferred me to a local approach control.

Anybody ever just call them up to see if they forgot about you? I did
that once over Toledo.

I usually try to legitimize my call (a bit) by asking for the altimeter
setting. Makes it seem like I'm busy "tending shop".

Why don't you feel that checking if your radio is still working is
legitimate?

Matt